Cosmos: Possible Worlds

Science, like love, is a means to that transcendence, to that soaring experience of the oneness of being fully alive.

Hello! Today I will be blogging about Cosmos: Possible Worlds, a book I am reading that I enjoy greatly. First, I will give you an overview:

• Title: Cosmos: Possible Worlds
  • Author: Ann Druyan
  • Age: 12+
  • Genre: Nonfiction science (adult)
  • Please note: Includes references to the Christian Bible and scientific theories opposed by some religions.

Cosmos: Possible Worlds is an adult nonfiction novel that covers topics of the cosmos, as you may have gathered. Through examples in history of apparent events, the author causes the reader to search inside themselves for a deeper meaning in their writing. Through certain subjects, Druyan makes relevant hidden meanings in historical events. She causes you to reflect upon your own life in a universal way.

Druyan also includes theories of astronomers and other scientists of the universe and its properties/ For example: some scientists think that our universe is one of millions of universes in the cosmos, and that our cosmos is one of millions of other cosmoses. She also provides sneak-peeks of current activities from NASA and other organizations. The author describes theories and estimates of newfound properties constantly discovered and amazes readers with never-before-conceived hypothesis of extraterrestrial life in the cosmos and new blueprints of moons, planets, and even our younger Earth.

Through Cosmos: Possible Worlds, Druyan encourages others to dig beneath the surface and discover their own opinions.

I enjoy reading Cosmos: Possible Worlds one chapter at a time, as they do not relate in a connected story and each provides a different topic. I am fascinated by her concepts of life and the universe and love receiving new theories and thoughts on the greatest unknown I have always been fascinated with: the cosmos.

Ann Druyan is a scientist working for NASA. She formerly published a separate Cosmos book with her husband in the 1970’s, called Cosmos: A Personal VoyageCosmos: Possible Worlds is described as a sequel to her former book, but does not relate except in references to the text.

You may have recognized the name Cosmos from the National Geographic television series. The two are connected and Druyan is one of the producers. I ended up buying the book because my sister didn’t like the show! After all, reading is much better than watching television.

Anyone who has a fascination for the cosmos or is searching for ‘themselves’ would enjoy reading this book. I highly recommend it to all!

If you want more information on this book, CLICK HERE.

Feel free to comment. Thank you for reading!

Susan