Doll Scrunchies

Hello!  Today I will be teaching you how to sew doll scrunchies. These are miniature versions of an easy scrunchie tutorial my mum  found on another website, the link of which can be found at the end of this post. They work on any doll with ‘real’ hair. Doll scrunchie are small enough to stay on an 18″ doll’s wrist, which gives your doll an adorable look. They usually aren’t stretchy enough to be used as a hair tie, so you’ll want to use a small elastic and put the scrunchie overtop for fun hairstyles. Here is what you will need:

• Thread
  • Sewing machine
  • Round or 1/8″ elastic
  • Jersey cotton
  • Scissors

Step 1: Cut a long strip of fabric about 16×2 inches. With the right sides together, fold it in half and sew it along the open side with a 1/4″ seam allowance, then turn it right side out. You will now have a very long tube.,

Step 2: Cut a strip of elastic 4″ long and use a safety pin to thread it through the tube. The fabric will scrunch up a great deal. Tie the ends of the elastic together so that the circumference of the inside of the circle is 2-2.5 inches.

Step 3: Fold over the raw edge of one side of the tube and pull it over the other end. Sew it together with a 1/8″ seam allowance. Your scrunchie is now finished!

Step 4 (Optional): If you wish, you can add a tie by sewing a strip of fabric and tying it around the scrunchie.

I hope you enjoyed this scrunchie tutorial. May your dolls be forever stylish!

If you would like the tutorial for the original scrunchie, CLICK HERE.

Feel free to comment. Thank you for reading!

Susan

2 thoughts on “Doll Scrunchies

1. I really like how you did the step-by-step tutorial. I think this is a really cute idea and easy to do if you are bored while at home or if you love sewing.