Hello! Today I am going to be blogging about my favourite Harry Potter characters. Please note that this list is based on my opinion alone. Please also note that this note contains SPOILERS from throughout the series, so if you are planning to read it, do not read this post!
- Albus Dumbledore. I love Dumbledore. One of the reasons the sixth book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, is my favourite. And YES, I said book! The movies are fine, but they just aren’t the same. One of the things I love about Dumbledore is that he isn’t perfect, as you discover in the Deathly Hallows. But while he sinned greatly, he recognised it and felt remorse. The fact that he built up upon his mistakes in a positive way is wonderful. Remember, the one thing that breaks a Horcrux is remorse, which shows how impossible it is for Dumbledore to truly be evil. He is so full of compassion and sympathy and quirkiness, which makes him adorable, in a way. “‘Nitwit! Oddment! Blubber! Tweak!'”
- Hermoine Granger. I really like Hermoine because she is so like me. We both get top grades, and obsess about books. One of my favourite parts of Hermoine in the books is her exam on Defence Against the Dark Arts in the Prisoner of Azkaban, when the Boggart turns into McGonagall and tells her she’s failed everything. I think that is a lot like me, although I doubt anyone’s fears are truly that shallow. I also like that Hermoine has sympathy and stubborness. Her stand for elf rights sounds like something I would do, though on a smaller scale.
- Minerva McGonagall. I really appreciate Professor McGonagall because even though she’s strict, she knows what is right and wrong and has good intentions. I like that even though Harry’s her student, she has faith in his independent abilities when the time comes. Her strength in magic is also wondrous, and the fact that she can turn into a cat just tops it off!
- Hagrid. I love Hagrid because he’s sort of like a teddy bear. He reminds me a lot of the BFG in Roald Dahl’s book. Even though his cooking is terrible and he has an out-of-control affection for monsters, his heart’s in the right place, and his faithfulness is something to marvel at. I like how he is aware of Dumbledore’s kindess and the ‘pay it forward’ idea, and how even though he’s made mistakes in the past, he’s always ready to make up for them.
- Molly Weasley. Mrs. Weasley is, in my mind, a wonderful, strong, and utterly mother sort of woman. One of my favourite Mrs. Weasley scenes in the entire series is when she’s yelling her head off at her sons, and turns to Harru with a sweet, kind, tone, because he’s done nothing wrong. (In my opinion, neither did Ron, Fred, or George.) I love how much she cares for her family and how that reflects in her Boggart, and her talents not only as a witch but as a housewife make me smile.
These are only a few of my favourite characters (you can’t forget Ron, Harry, George, Sirius, or even Snape), and I’m not sure if their order is entirely correct. But all the same, I hope this post has brought some things into perspective for you, and I plan on posting more Potter things in the future.
If you want some more information and thoughts on Harry Potter, CLICK HERE.
Feel free to comment. Thank you for reading!