Township

Hello! Today I will be blogging about Township. Township is a fun interactive town-building game that can be played on PC as well as mobile devices. Here is some basic information:

• Producer: Playrix
  • Age: 10+
  • Available on PC and mobile devices
  • Cost: free

Township is a town-building simulation game. I play it because it is satisfying to have your little world that you created and manage. It’s nice to have something that you can control no matter what.

In this game, you level up as you develop your town. With each level, you unlock new buildings. Your town includes factories such as feed, paper, fabric, dairy, and bakery factories, a wide variety of houses, from cottages to mansions, stores, facilities such as Laundromats, barbershops, and cafes. The Town Hall contains your editorial options (avatar picture and town name) and achievements. You can buy land expansions when you need more space, and build roads and pavement in edit mode.

In Township, you can personalize your town by adding decorations like trees, fences, and playgrounds. You can rearrange buildings at any time, and design complex layouts for what you want your town to look like.

Township is not just about building; you need to develop your town, provide for your citizens, and keep your population happy, too! Plant things like wheat, carrots, corn, and plenty of other things in your ever-growig field to manufacture goods in your factories. Feed your livestock to get things like wool, milk, and eggs. You can fill orders from citizens by helicopter, and trade by train for building supplies needed for constructing community buildings. You can also fil cargo holds in the airport to earn gems needed for advantages like earning more coins from helicopter orders or receiving more goods from your fields.

As you progress in Township, you can unlock features like the co-op, the mine, and the zoo. In the mine, you can dig up valuable metals and forge them into bars for building and trading. Once the zoo opens up, you can fill orders and collect animal cards to open new exhibits.

There are many interactive games in Township. Once you reach level 19 and can open or join a co-op, you and your team can compete in regattas against other co-ops for prizes by completing tasks around your town. You can also make ‘friends’ in Township. You can see your friends’ towns, and if they can’t fill an order, they can ask you for help, and if you have what they need, you can lend them items. There are also themed worldwide solo competitions such as Snow Ride in which you play levels or races to gain points and prizes, and climb in the leaderboard against other players.

Township is a very enjoyable game. You can keep on climbing levels and unlocking new privileges and options, and watch your very own town flourish before you eyes!

If you are interested in owning this game, CLICK HERE.

Feel free to comment. Thank you for reading!

Susan

Scrapbooking

Hello! Today I will be blogging about scrapbooking. Scrapbooking is a fun pastime that helps you preserve your life. You can flip through the pages of your scrapbook and think, ‘Oh, yes, I remember doing that,’ or ‘Oh, yes, I remember going there.’ Scrapbooking is a fun hobby, too, and you can make your keepsakes creative.

When I do something memorable or someone gives me a special note, I tape or glue it in my scrapbook and some months later I will look back and smile. I make my own scrapbooks out of printer paper and cardstock, with a few decals to make it look nice. I use cardstock for the covers, and some 10-20 sheets of paper on the inside. I printed the title ‘Susan’s Scrapbook’ in a fun font on the front cover and added some ribbon flowers I glues together, binding the thing with ribbons wound through hole-punched paper. There are also scrapbooking kits you can get to make your scrapbook intricate and professional, with stencils, frames, and stickers.

I put literally anything in my scrapbook. I taped in my admission sticker from Skyzone, ribbons from track & field meets, notes from my sister, confetti from a concert, old drawings, and other random things that mean something. Scrapbooks preserve your life and keep memories hidden inside them to look back on and be handed on. They can help you let go of your past if something hurtful recently happened and you staple in a relic of it. I find scrapbooks precious, and I like to have one on hand.

If you want creative scrapbooking ideas, CLICK HERE.

Susan

Plastic Canvas

Hello! Today I will be blogging about plastic canvas. Plastic canvas a plastic grid that you buy in sheets. It can be used to create many fun crafts. Using yarn, plastic canvas, and a blunt needle, you can create many fun toys or trinkets.

During lockdown this spring, I used plastic canvas as a keep-me-busy hobby. I ended up making about sixty creations, one a day. I planned to sell them, but all craft sales were closed. Now, I keep them in a box under my bed to give away as small last-minute gifts.

Plastic canvas can be used to make keychains, bookmarks, doll bags, coasters, or fun toys called Squeeze ‘Ems. Squeeze ‘Ems are made of three plastic canvas squares stitched together. Once you add eyes and a nose, you can squeeze the jaws of the Squeeze ‘Em to make it talk or eat. Bookmarks, keychains and coasters simply need to be filled and bordered with yarn, and doll bags consist of rectangles stitched together.

Plastic canvas is fun, creative, and inspiring for the imagination. You can stitch stripes, polka-dots, and letters. I find it a great craft useful for long afternoons and small gifts.

If you would like to purchase plastic canvas, CLICK HERE.

Susan

The French Horn

Hello! Today I will be blogging about the French horn. The French horn is a brass band instrument with a loud, full sound. Its used has been recorded in history as far back as 1753, when slides were first inserted that aid in changing the tone of the horn.

The French horn has been made in many simpler forms through history. At first, the the instrument had no valves and could only sound a few notes. Now, it has three rotary valves and can make a wide variety of low and high notes. There is complex tubing, and if this tubing was laid out straight, it would total in 24 feet long!

The French horn has a very regal sound that is very soft and pleasant, but loud enough to please large crowds. If you are a horn player, you may find yourself playing solos, melodies, harmonies, or bass background tones.

If you are an early French horn player, you want to start at the note low C, which is one line below the staff. This note is the most basic and one of the easiest to play. The highest note you would want to play is G, which is on a line in the middle of the staff. Later, you can work lower and higher.

If you have a double horn, that means you can play C and B-flat scales. If you have a double horn, you press down the thumb key (above valve 1) to play all notes above G. This will give you a clearer and more natural sound.

I like playing the French horn because of its royal past and regal sound. It is soft and I find it easy to play. The horn is easy to play and I love to make beautiful music with it. I recently got a The Greatest Showman book of the soundtrack in horn form for a full orchestra that I have begun playing. The Tradition of Excellence book my Bruce Pearson and Ryan Nowlin has great warm-ups and beginner tracks.

If you need a fingering chart for French Horn so you can learn how to play each note, CLICK HERE.

Susan

Gacha Club

Hello! Today I will be blogging about Gacha Club. Gacha Club is an entertaining dress-up game that can be played on many devices, including Apple products, PCs, and Android. Here is some basic information:

• Producer: Lunime
  • Age: 10+
  • Available on Apple and Android products as well as PCs.
  • Cost: free

Gacha Club is the updated version of the game Gacha Life. It was released in June 2020. Gacha Club is an anime dress-up game with multitudes of options for even the tiniest details, like hand positions and pupil shapes. You can create virtually anything on it if you know your options. It is possible to create book and movie characters, like Harry Potter or Avatar. There are safety precautions as the common skin colours have been omitted as clothing colour options.

Gacha Club is a fun game to play as you are in control of who you create. You can create unique and never-seen-before characters, using a vast selection of customizing options. You may change hair, stance, facial features, clothing, profiles, and many other things.

I was first introduced to Gacha Club in August 2020. She showed me around, which I am thankful for, as I would never have been able too find all the customizations. If you know someone who owns this platform and are interested in owning it, ask them to show you around first. If you like interactive designer games, then you will enjoy Gacha Club.

Susan